Saturday, January 10, 2015

New Year's Resolutions of 2015

I have a good feeling about 2015; the last taste I had in my mouth going into the new year was the lemony cinnamon-sugar of a beaver tail, and that can only bode well. Of course, with the values of my delightful company being well-aligned, Russul, Adri, and I had also happily eaten our way through the samples of a Whole Foods store, delighted in chocolate at the Lindt Store, had a delicious Thai dinner and snacked on poutine throughout the day and evening leading up that final taster.

Delicious, delicious beaver tails. I played my cards right and got to have half of each.

Whiling away the hours in downtown Ottawa until midnight struck, we wandered the Byward Market, Sparks Street, and Parliament Hill before huddling by the Centennial Flame to watch the fireworks.

Sparks Street festivities and concert

It's easy to have a good feeling about the new year when it's welcomed in with a satisified stomach and excellent friends. I love my Ottawa visits, and this one also gave Adri and I a chance to discuss our languishing blog. We still love the idea of onigiri-doo, but needed to reflect on why we so infrequently use it. Thus, for 2015 we resolve to:
  • include stories when we share our recipes! The blogs that we like reading always have a good story, and are part of the fun of sharing new things to try.
  • set reminders for ourselves so we are prompted more often to sit down and share, rather than just thinking about it.
  • share the blog with friends and family, for more community and also motivation.
Good food is a pleasure and so is friendship. Onigiri-doo is a home for both.

1 comment:

  1. Yay post! And new years resolutions, I have a couple of recipes that from over the holidays I should post as well! Exciting new years resolutions a go! ...hopefully better than last year :P

    ReplyDelete