Source: King Arthur Flour
Ingredients:
120g (1/2C) starter
361g (3C) all-purpose flour
14g (1tbsp) sugar
9g (1.25tsp) salt
|
1 large egg
71g (5tbsp) soft butter
150g (2/3C) lukewarm water
7g (2.5tsp) yeast*
|
Directions:
| 0. | If only using starter, check if slightly puffy and bubbly (~3h after feeding). |
| 1. | Mix everything together and knead. |
| 2. | Let rise until doubled, about 1.5 - 2 hours if using yeast |
| 3. | Gently deflate dough, rolling it out on a smooth work surface (I used the counter) to approximately 12"x16". |
| 4. | Fill with delicious filling!** |
| 5. | Roll into a log, starting with the long side. |
| 6. | Slice into rolls and place in a lightly oiled or buttered round pan, with a little space in between each. | |
| 7. | Cover and let rise for about 60 minutes, until slightly puffier. | |
| 8. | Bake at 350 degF for ~25 minutes. |
Source:
Soooo there are more sourdough recipes because I actually started feeding my starter regularly and keeping it in front of the heating vent and now it is SUPER HAPPY. :P This one is my new favourite!
*This can be done with all starter but it will take several hours (at least 4ish?) to double in size. Adding yeast will speed it up, and the starter can be used unfed in this case.
**Although I haven't tried it yet it would be great for cinnamon rolls. I had an excess of cheese the other day so made a delicious invention - melted about 2tbsp of butter on very low heat, added two chopped garlic cloves and herbes de provence to simmer for a few minutes, and brushed that on the dough. Added some oregano and pepper, then grated cheese. I still(!) have some cheese left so this is what I'm planning to bring to a superbowl party this week (yes, I am trying to be sociable...:P).
Soooo there are more sourdough recipes because I actually started feeding my starter regularly and keeping it in front of the heating vent and now it is SUPER HAPPY. :P This one is my new favourite!
*This can be done with all starter but it will take several hours (at least 4ish?) to double in size. Adding yeast will speed it up, and the starter can be used unfed in this case.
**Although I haven't tried it yet it would be great for cinnamon rolls. I had an excess of cheese the other day so made a delicious invention - melted about 2tbsp of butter on very low heat, added two chopped garlic cloves and herbes de provence to simmer for a few minutes, and brushed that on the dough. Added some oregano and pepper, then grated cheese. I still(!) have some cheese left so this is what I'm planning to bring to a superbowl party this week (yes, I am trying to be sociable...:P).
Oooh so are you keeping your starter out of the fridge completely now? Starter being happy is always good :) I got impatient with my last one and used it without feeding it out after taking it out of the fridge, this didn't go over well unfortunately. I have learned :)
ReplyDeleteAlso you're using the Herbes de Provence! isn't it fun! I love my beef stew that call for that, a really good winter dish.
Have fun at the super bowl party!!